Saturday, November 26, 2005

modern kootuk Kudumbam

That the family members and relatives living in far-off places (US, UK, India, Australia) becoming the norm, doesn't stop us from living together! This which might sound strange occured to me when my sister-in-law was looking after me recovering from the ACL surgery for the past ten days. The moment my brother walks into his house in Atlanta would log on to skype and we would do the same in NJ. The quality of the chatter is so clear that we would leave it connected in one room and would be walking all over the house and he would be able to hear us and vice versa. The whole ten days I felt like my brother living next door. We would cook together, eat together (at the same time) , share our thoughts and tease each other. This is exactly what we would do back home when we all lived together with our uncles and cousins in one home. I plan to take broadband connection in my parents' place and thus we would be living together even though the parents are in India, one brother in Atlanta and myself over here. While we are on skype, it would be like sitting and yaping in the living hall in my childhood days.

As an offshoot, I tried to use more of the wireless technology, I found the following information. This might be useful to the readers as and when they think of trying this.

Minimizing Bluetooth Interference

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1379911

I saw that my Toshiba Techra A3 laptop has a built-in bluetooth antenna, hence bought a plantronics bluetooth headset in the Blackfriday sale for $9.99. I tried to use it to unleash myself . After much trial and calls to Toshiba, I found that it needs an optional bluetooth mobile toolkit to carry the signals picked up by the antenna into the cpu?!!! I decided to buy an external USB blue tooth adapter from buy.com for free. After that I would test and see whether I experience whatever I read in the above article.

What goes comes over. Let us re-invent the wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home